Posted on: April 15, 2013 | 4 Comments
I love the idea of travelling toys and wanted to send one around the world for some time now, and here it is. And it’s me! Well, a mini me, that is:)
The rules are simple. You can reply to this post if you’d like to host her(me!) and once I have all participants, I’ll plan her journey so that she doesn’t have to travel from a country to another and than back again.
You don’t have to be a member of this group: http://www.ravelry.com/groups/cute-and-kaboodle to take part.
There’s plenty of time to decide if you’d like to be a host – till Monday 22nd of April.
If you decide to be a host I’d love you to take at least a few photos of her during her visit. Also, when she arrives at your place and you post at least one photo of her in this thread, you’ll be sent a 25% discount code to my Ravelry store as a thank you:)
You can also help her fulfill her travelling dreams, here’s the list:
- Visit a very old church
- See the Great Canion, Christ the Redeemer statue in Brazil, Chinese Wall, Statue of Liberty, ancient monuments in Greece, a Dutch windmill, Cologne Cathedral (again because it’s SO beautiful), moors in Scotland, Swiss mountains, Yellowstone, Spanish beach, a cactus in Arizona
- Ride a double decker and have a 5 o’clock tea in England
- Eat local food
- Meet another amigurumi
- Meet one of her designs in an amigurumi form
- Talk with an Italian (to check if I still remember something…)
- Meet an animal characteristic of the particular region (like a kangaroo in Australia)
- Meet a knitting/crochet celebrity
- Visit a huge LYS
- Visit a used bookstore
- visit a museum
- Join a club of any kind for one day (like a crochet group, for example)
- go for a walk to the local park
You don’t have to do anything from the list to take part and we’re well aware that this is not at all possible to fulfil them all, but that’s the nature of a dream – you can have as many as you want, even though some may not come true.
Also, some of them can be done several times!
And finally, if you help her send me a postcard from the city you live in, you’ll take part in a raffle and will have a chance to win a surprise package from Poland:)
The raffle will take place after all the postcards are here, so you can definitely send it with economy mail.